Saturday, April 12, 2014

Scrappydew Blog Hop


Welcome to the Scrap Factory Doll-A-Palooza Blog Hop!

We have Amazing creations to share with you from the PPbN Designs and ScrappyDew Creations design teams. Sit back, relax and enjoy the Hop!!
Hello Scrappydew Fans!  You should have arrived here from Michelle's blog.    Wasn't Melissa's project darling?  Love that little bear.    I'm so excited to be part of this blog hop!  It's my very first, so hopefully I get this right.  :)
Well here it goes!  I made two projects, one using the Basic Expansion pack and the other using the Brick People pack.

Enough talking and now for some showing!  From the Basic Expansion pack I created this simple Easter stand up card:



The papers were all scraps I had laying around.  I used Sizzix stand up card die and matching nesting framelits for the label.  The border was cut using Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch.   The chick, tulip and egg basket are all 2x2 Quickutz dies (these dies are now retired).  "Blessed" was stamped using a retired Close To My Heart Stamp Set.  The felt flower I purchased years ago from Stampin Up.

Using the Brick People expansion set, I made my son's graduation card.  This card may not make sense to anyone, but it has many elements that my son will recognize.


Not only did I use the Brick People expansion pack, but also Scrappydew's Graduation pattern. (please note I took some creative licence to adjust the gown to fit my little brick guy.  :) 

Again the papers were just scraps lay around.  The stand up card I created very easily.

1.  I cut the base using a 5" x 10" piece of cardstock.
2.  Score the cardstock at 5 and then 7 1/2.  Fold inward (think of a triangle)
3.  Cut the card front 5"x 5", decorate.
4.  Adhere card front to the short side triangle on the base card stock.
5.  I used the label with pop dots as a support to keep the card standing up. 

The tag and stamp are a Stephanie Barnard die and stamp set called minitags2cut
The label was cut with Spellbinder dies - This set was an exclusive set made for Scrapyland.
Class of 2014 was stamped out using Close To My Heart  "You Are My Happy Alphabet."
The diploma is a retired 2x2 die made by Quickutz.  

And no the ribbon is not pink.....it's beige..... Oh well....bad lighting.  lol.

My son is graduating Baylor University with a degree in Engineering.   Ever since I could remember he loved playing with his blocks.  My Dad began to call him  "The Engineer" since he was old enough to put the blocks together.  The sunglasses are his trademark, because since a baby he always wore sunglasses and in school he was nicknamed "Hollywood."  To give the sunglasses a more realistic look I topped them with Glossy Accents.  

I hope you enjoyed my creations from the Scrap Factory.  I can't wait to see all the new expansion packs Scrappydew will be coming out with. 

Thank you for hopping on by!!!!

Blog Candy 

Scrap Factory  Doll Builder Program - (enter the Giveaway below.) 

Scrap Factory Expansion Pack by ScrappyDew Creations

Scrap Factory Expansion Pack by PPbN Designs

Jo-Ann Gift Card - $10 by Michelle 

To be eligible for prizes, leave some love on each of the designers Blog Hop posts by April 15, 2014. Winners will be announced on April 18, 2014.

1. MichelleMyBelle 

2.  Dania - You are here!
3. Ken
5. Anigie
6. Monica



God Bless,


22 comments:

Ashley Damon said...

So cute!!!!

Jana said...

Dania these are both beautiful fun projects. Great job!

Michelle Sledgeski said...

Dania, I just love how you used the Brick People pattern file. Love it!! Beautiful Easter card.

Awesome projects!


Dolores R said...

Beautiful Easter card. Love the brick card too.

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Beautiful Easter Card. The girl is fabulous. I love the shoes!
Cute idea for graduation.

KristaInMN at gmail dot com

scrappinupstyle said...

Great cards, Dania, and congratulations on your son's graduation from BU!

Patty McKernan said...

Love the graduation card!

Amy :o) said...

Really Cute Cards.! Congratulations on your son's graduation!!!

Heidi said...

She is so cute! I love her braids. Adorable grad too.

Judianne Graham said...

Very cute!! and thank you for the very specific directions. One of these days, I am going to lock myself away and spend time creating .. thanks for the inspiration.

trentfamily said...

Very creative cards!

Karla Fonseca said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Moni said...

Dania, beautiful cards. Love the eyes lashes in your doll.

poohbear said...

Love both of your cards.
Marcia
mvanhoosan@gmail.com

Leslie said...

Very nice cards

sdelong1228 said...

Cute cards!! Love the Lego graduate card!!

scrapBugz said...

Super cute cards!

Mandy

GlendaLea said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing

Liz O. said...

Great cards Dania! Love the cute girl and the super fun lego graduate! TFS
Have a wonderful day!

Camille Short said...

Darling Creations!

MeFlick said...

very cute card! Congratulations on your son and his accomplishments! My DD is graduating HS this year and my DS graduates next year. He is just starting to explore college options BUT he has mentioned Baylor and that he might want to major in Engineering! Only time will tell - maybe one day I will have to make a very similar card myself! He too loved his Legos! TFS
MeFlick

jean said...

those cards are absolutely awesome!!! I really adore your sons grad card, with all the memories attached...My college grad loved the popin fresh dough boy!!!